German Emirati Joint Council for Industry & Commerce was founded in May 2009, it is a Semi-Government Organization and it composes of 5 Countries, first with Germany, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Iraq. It is the first international Institute/Institution that comes from a federal level, and AHK is bilaterally Federal Business Organization that has been built in the Gulf. And they are part of the German Chambers Network that works globally; it currently has One-Hundred and Thirty locations in Ninety Countries.
BMWi (Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy) Co-Funded the AHKs. They have a good relationship with the Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Germany (IHKs), both AHKs and IHKs work together to help the developing German Companies, and extending their capabilities to work internationally and build business relations with foreign Countries.
The Chambers of Industry and Commerce (IHKs) German Association (DIHK) is The Umbrella Organization, which also helps and cooperates with different German Trade Association that innovates and strengthens the connections of AHKS to Various businesses and Markets.
The Different Objective of the council:
- To support each other, like when they are facing scarcity, others would help and provide the resources that are specifically lacking.
- Exchange different Theory: Marketing and Business Strategy that can help an under developing companies.
- To conduct business meetings, seminars, or conferences that can create a strong relationship or alliances between different representatives. All the meetings can be seen on their Official Website.
- To build business opportunities with a different international group that can help the economy of the country.
AHK offers large quantities of Activities such as providing Business Intelligence Strategy and Consulting Services for Companies that are new and needed help. It also Acts as a Platform for possible joint ventures and business opportunities in the UAE and Germany and more.
Ten Advantages of the German Emirati Business Council
If you are a member of the Business Council, you will be able to get many benefits such as:
- Gain Business Opportunities whether in the United Arab Emirates or Germany, as the Business Council act as a Business network for both parties.
- Joint Ventures are possible through sharing the same Mutual Interest, like in Business Activities, and Goals or Target.
- Avoidance of Scarcity, as both Countries is helping each other to turn their weaknesses into Strengths.
- It can generate more profits than your usual Revenue, through the increases of Business Activities and transactions.
- Businesses expand more Faster and increase the productivity of the Workforce through Exchanging of Ideas or Business Strategy.
- You will have an entry to New Markets and Distribution Networks, and Many Business Partners are introduced in the Business Council that can be your partnership in the business world.
- Improve the Business Status: By being in the Business Council immediate benefits are provided that can help your Company.
- Improves the range of your business activities with the help of Business Networks, and the Business meetings, conference, and more.
- Enhance your Business Related Knowledge, and decision making in different situations with the help of the members of the council and representatives of different organizations that are working in a developed company.
- The Imports and Exports of Both the United Arab Emirates and Germany are increased through the different business transactions and because of the German Emirati Joint Council.
UAE’s and Germany’s Relationship:
The Relations of the two started at May 1972, United Arab Emirates has an embassy in the Capital of Germany “Berlin” and they also have a Consulate in Munich, while Germany also has an Embassy in the Capital of UAE, which is Abu Dhabi and a Consulate in Dubai. Germany Exports to UAE almost 6 Billion Euros of Goods. Germany is the 4th largest export and also helped in the Infrastructure Projects in the UAE. The United Arab Emirates is the home of more or less Nine-Hundred German Companies, and is the Largest Trade Partner of Germany in the Middle East There are Hundreds to Thousands of Expats in both countries that are doing business activities, and who have helped in maintaining the good relationship and links of both Countries, and with the German Emirati Business Council, It will continue to strengthen the relationship of both parties, support each other, and maintain the peace between the Two Respective Countries.
The Largest and strongest national Economy in Europe Continent is Germany that holds about 28% of its area economy. And in terms of its global rank capabilities, it ranks 4th in nominal GDP (3.42 Trillion US Dollars) and ranks 5th at Purchasing Power Parity GDP (4.13 Trillion US Dollars). In the Year 2016, Germany has marked a record of being able to have the highest trade surplus in the world, worth three hundred ten billion US Dollars, making them the largest capital exporter. Their Total Workforce is 44 million people, estimated on 2016.
Gross Domestic Products in different Sectors:
- Primary (Agriculture): 0.7%
- Secondary (Industry): 30.2%
- Tertiary (Services): 73.8%
Main Industries of Germany:
- Machine Tools
The United Arab Emirates Economy is one of largest in the Arab Lands; in fact, it is the second largest after KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). Its GDP or Gross Domestic Product is currently worth 382.58 Billion US Dollars (1.4 Trillion AED) based on the 2017 result, UAE’s Total GDP represent about 0.60 percent of the World’s GDP. The main source of their revenues came from oil exports which hold 85 percent of the UAE’s economy. And lastly, their total workforce is Five million and Two hundred forty-two thousand people, based on 2016 estimation.
Their GDP by different sectors in percentage:
- Agriculture (Primary): 0.7%
- Industry (Secondary): 44.6%
- Services (Tertiary): 54.7%
Main industries of the UAE:
- Ship Repair
Gate One Properties is innovating the Real Estate Industry with progression and passion. Celebrating 12 years of solid foundations in Real Estate, Gate One Properties is one of the region’s prominent real estate companies offering wide-range and professional property services to businesses, stockholders, and investors globally. Known for excellent service and capabilities, Gate One has a diverse collection of property listings and investment opportunities in UAE and abroad.
Gate One Properties is one of the pre-eminent property companies with a good, portfolio of excellent sales, leasing and property management services, a complete one-stop solution. Gate One Properties gained good standing in property management; because of their outstanding service that delivers proficiency and integrity.
Honoring Gate One core values that include:
INTEGRITY: Embrace the maximum values of proper performance and TRANSPARENCY in each aspect of the business to yield a company that is trusted by its clients.
EXCELLENCE: Committed to professional excellence guarantee that customers receive the highest quality of service. Aim to deliver perfect execution and delivery of products and services.
TEAMWORK: The culture of teamwork permits merging the excellence and proficiency of professionals to deliver optimum solutions to the clients.
INOVATION: Increase creativeness and advantage. In today’s modern technological world, new ideas, thoughts, and procedures are necessary for the continued success and growth of a company
LEADERSHIP: The spirit of leadership is instilled in every employee.
Gate One properties accomplished in emerging long-term business relations by meeting clients’ special needs in ways, which are innovative and commercially sound.
Gate One Properties, aims to make a significant contribution to the future of real estate projects. Gate One Properties have a combined team style of development to guarantee that projects fully address all design and lifestyle factors from the initial planning stages through to execution.
Proficiency and principled business practices have always been a guiding force in the success of Gate One properties. Their attitude is based on a commitment to core values, with customer tactic meant to ensure the growth of value over a wide range of market conditions. Successively, every service-oriented teams focus on a client’s specific goals.
Official Website: GateOne.ae
The Canadian Business Council attempts to cultivate correspondence and systems administration amongst Canadian and different specialists in the region, and to fabricate consciousness of the commitment that Canadians and Canadian products, services and advances have made in the improvement of the UAE. It is the head business-drove organization encouraging greater exchange and investment amongst Canada and the United Arab Emirates.
The Canadian Business Council of United Arab Emirates started in March 2005 with a purpose of associating business officials from Canada and UAE to meet and gather and to trade information about opportunities in the district. The Canadian Business Council UAE offers assist if you have a business or if you are working in an association and might need to work with various people from the Canadian Business Council United Arab Emirates.
As one of the biggest and most dynamic UAE business boards and the greatest Canadian business gathering in the MENA area, Canadian Business Council offers individuals the chance to construct their business and government systems and furthermore keep up a solid association with Canada, through occasions, part rebates and different advantages and supports. It also offers supports a chance to get to and associate with a significant number of Canadian experts and their systems.
As a connection with associations in Canada, Canadian Business Council is also committed to the improvement of exchange and corporate speculation amongst Canada and the UAE and to give help to the Canadian organizations who are building up or examining to set up an exchanging base in this nation.
The CBC is non-revenue driven affiliation focused only on bringing the Canadian and Arab business networks together. We exhort governments in Canada and the United Arab Emirates on strategies to encourage and grow two-way exchange and speculation. We additionally bolster our individuals by sorting out missions to the region, accepting approaching assignments, and facilitating gatherings to give data about the most recent business openings and experiences into important political-financial improvements in the United Arab Emirates.
Mission of the Council
- Build business connections and investigate business openings with awesome similar experts.
- Assemble Business and focused insight through taking part in one of the GCC’s biggest multidisciplinary proficient systems. It is one of the biggest and most dynamic expert business chambers in United Arab Emirates.
- Exceptional data sharing of industry aptitude and the most recent local advancements. Our speakers and courses incorporate high state government delegates, top-level industry specialists and best businessmen and different business committees.
- Canadian Business Council additionally holds courses and workshops, shares suitable sources of data and discussion that teach our individuals and visitors in regards to exchange and investments openings, practices and controls in Canada and the UAE and supervision on best practices in different business fields
- Enjoy extraordinary rebates on items and services offered by other Canadian Business Council Members and more.
About The Canadian Business Council:
Built up in March 2005 as a non-benefit association that looks to enhance and set trade, market and business opportunities between Canada and the UAE, the Canadian Business Council or CBC offers an extraordinary shot for individuals to meet and market their business in UAE. With more than 500 individuals, Canadian Business Council is making the most of its biggest participation numbers since initiation and is proceeding to grow.CBC individuals speak to an assortment of enterprises, offering individuals the chance to make advances in more than 25 business segments. Turning into a CBC part or Sponsoring the CBC can upgrade deceivability and collaboration with chiefs/assessment pioneers in the Canadian-UAE business and government network, other local Business Councils and affiliations and furthermore Canadians thinking about setting up UAE organizations openings in the locale.
The endeavor is to advance business relations, trade and speculation amongst Canada and the UAE. The participation incorporates Canadians as well as interested non-Canadian individuals which are leading corporates, officials, chiefs and experts working in a wide exhibit of enterprises. They are propelled towards encouraging business connections amongst Canada and the UAE and advancing Canadian organizations and items.
- To give a chance to Canadian business people to meet all the time and to go about as a gathering for the trading of data identified with present and expected business openings.
- To advance the improvement of business and speculation between Canada, from one perspective, and United Arab Emirates, on the other.
- To furnish a connection with associations in Canada devoted to the improvement of Middle East/Canada exchange and corporate speculation.
- To help Canadian organizations and businessmen setting up or thinking about the foundation of an exchanging base in United Arab Emirates.
- To work with people and associations in United Arab Emirates on issues of common business intrigue.
British Business Group is an Association of emigrant British business people together with the national business groups from the United Arab Emirates. It was molded over thirty years ago to encourage the progress of trade in goods and services between the United Kingdom and all over the UAE.
This association proves a successful and flexible organizational form for conducting global business over a long period. It intends to maintain its virtuous legacy in UAE to maintain the standards established and expected of British Companies.
Behind the success of this association is Chairman Nick Cochrane Dyet MBE together with Ambassador Philip Parham CMG and Secretary of State Dr. Liam Fox who has one goal which is to enhance collaboration between business and government for the bigger prosperity of UK and UAE.
Mission and Vision
The British Business Group aims to encourage and develop business relations in and between the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, and its citizens. Through the regular forum, lectures and social functions. Each business community has a chance to exchange ideas and information for the betterment of their corporate. It focuses on providing effective networking opportunities and encouraging the progress of each business links without participating in any events of a political nature or significantly disregard the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
In spite of today’s regional economic challenges, the British people were not dispirited, and their numbers have upgraded steadily. About 5,000 members under British companies are active in the UAE. It only shows the confidence in the country for the growth and stronger trading performance.
According to the ambassador of British Business, the United Arab Emirates brings a big-selling opportunity to the UK. In fact, UAE was declared as the fourth biggest export market outside Europe. As a result, they have decided to set a challenging goal for increasing bilateral trade to 25 billion pounds by the year 2020.
Corporate Partners and Sponsors
The British Business Group has recently greatly increased its quantity of members and links. Many of these are drawn from fresher members of the business community and from companies who are amongst the chief contributors to the new trend of development in Abu Dhabi.
- BAE Systems
- Bird & Bird
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Dron and Dickson
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi
- The Institution of Civil Engineers
- King & Spalding
- Knight Frank
- Leonardo Company
- Readymix Abu Dhabi Ltd
- Rolls- Royce International
Join and become part of BBG
The British Business Group welcomes anyone who meets the criteria and has the same goal which is to contribute to firming the UK-UAE relationship in the business world. Either as an individual or associate is encouraged to be part of the group.
Criteria for Individual Membership :
- Any British Citizen holding a professional or executive appointment, working and living in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi; or
- Any National of the UAE representing British assets or amenities in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (whether as a sole owner/ partner/ in his name)
- Any person who has a managerial appointment or senior expert not otherwise entitled for membership who lives in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and works for a British Company and in Abu Dhabi registered department representing British properties or facilities.
Criteria for Associate Membership:
- Associate membership status of the Abu Dhabi British Business Group is open to any individual who is not entitled to membership according to the Constitution, but who is interested in the elevation and development of business relations between UK and UAE.
The application in joining the association should be made in written and with supporting documents to be shown and be checked by the Committee.
Advantages of becoming part of British Business Group
Becoming a member of British Business Group has a great offer with the enormous benefits such as:
- Gain access to member directory of over 1200 affiliates across all business sectors.
- A chance to promote your product or services through various BBG channels.
- Receive high-value business support services from the association and its partners.
- Obtain the privilege of having a lot of discounts from the following prestigious companies:
- 15 % discount on Virgin Atlantic’s Flights
- 20% discount on Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi’s food and beverages
- 15% discount on Tamba Restaurant’s food and beverages
- 20% discount on Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas’ dining venues and spa
- 20% discount on Southern Sun and Hotel’s food & beverages
- 20% discount on Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche’s services
- 10% discount on Spinneys Liquor’s items
- 15% discount on RSA Insurance group’s motor insurance
- 15- 20% discount on Park Rotana & Park Arjaan’s treatments
- 10% discount on Posters’ all purchases
- 20% discount on Pizza Express’ total bill
- 10% discount on Peninsula Food & Drink’s products
- 10% discount on Oberoi Hotels & Resorts’ packages
- 20% discount on Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan’s food & beverages
- 10% discount on Music Monkeys Abu Dhabi’s term fees
- 20% discount on Marriott Hotel Downtown’s total bill
- 20-25% discount on Intercontinental Hotel- Bayshore’s services
- 15- 20% discount on Emirates Palace Spa’s services
- 10% discount on Exiles Maid Service’s contract rates
- 20% discount on Crown Plaza Abu Dhabi and Yas Island’s food & beverages
- 20% discount on Crown Relocations’ mobility services
- 20- 50% discount on Careem’s trips
- 10% discount on British Airways’ trips
- 20% discount on Bounceback Physiotherapy’s service
- 20% discount on Bella Medical’s dental and derma treatment with free check up
- 20% discount on Avasa’s food & beverages
- 30% discount on Ardel Human Resource Consulting LLC’s service
- 20% discount on Al Gusto Italiano’s food & beverages
- 10-30% discount on Boston Dental Center’s services
- 20% discount on Awazen Medical Center’s services
- 20% discount on Intercontinental Abu Dhabi’s food & beverages
The association assures that the membership benefits will increase as the time and day goes by due to the continuous expansion of the group.
Singapore Business Council was founded 19 years ago on the year 1999, through the years they have accumulated above 1000 members of each type membership. They’re registered to Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry within the UAE. The SBC operates under the support of the Consulate General of the Republic of Singapore within Dubai, UAE and the Singapore Embassy within Abu Dhabi, the operations are being managed by the Executive Committee of the SBC.
Different types of membership are corporate, individuals and affiliate, these membership influences across different sets of categories such as; logistic, law, education, etc.
Singapore Business Council is a business council in Singapore that is managed by the executive committee that consists of 10 higher-echelon within the council. These Executive committees are individuals that have ties to UAE regarding business, and professionally, they’re also Singaporean individuals that took the initiative to assume the role as a part of the committee.
About UAE and Singapore
- United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is known for their reliance on oil; they rely on oil as well regarding their imports and exports that 85% majority are oil exports. Through oil UAE was able to grow from 60 years ago when it was discovered until the present, they also rely on tourism as their secondary source of revenue.
UAE’s economy is one of the largest economies within the Middle East and GCC Region; their GDP accumulates a total of AED 1,38 trillion, the main revenue of their GDP from their oil. UAE has a Gross national income of $675,300 billion. Regarding the labor force, the UAE has 6,330,540 and the majority are male a percentage of 91%, whereas there are 42% regarding labor forces for females.
Singapore is known for exporting electronics and chemicals; they’re also reliant on their tourism as their second source of revenue since as time passes by they noticed the importance of having tourism within their economy.
Singapore is the 20th biggest exporter around the world and has a total of 309,754 million dollars in GDP; they’re ranked 40 on the GDP ranking worldwide, the workforce percentage of Singapore for ages 25 – 64 is 80%, whereas for ages 65 and above is 25%.
Advantages of Singaporean Businesses on UAE
- Singaporean Business may benefit from UAE’s huge amount of free trade zones within the UAE area, through the free trade zone. It would allow the Singaporean businesses to have complete ownership and control regarding company registration.
- Within UAE there is no corporate tax on the profit accumulated by the business entities. Therefore the Singaporean Businesses could accumulate enough profit not only to run on a stable foundation but also have enough profit for business activities that may result in more business revenue.
- Regarding reporting the financial stature of the business, they’re not required to report annually with an audit but instead could report in a simplified form. Thus, it allows the Singaporean business to provide simple financial statements and not deal with providing strainful annul audits.
Singapore and UAE Relationship
The highest export of Singapore to UAE are pearls and different materials that could be used for construction and on producing items. Regarding Economies both UAE and Singapore are known for being rival, though as time passes by for both countries to benefit to each other, they’re aiming to improve their relationship between their countries to improve their relation and economy.
Becoming a Member
The Singapore Business council provides different membership benefits that would appease different individuals expectations when joining as a member. As for their types of membership, they have individual member and corporate member.
Individual membership of the SBC consists of different categories which are an affiliate, Singaporeans, and non-Singaporeans. Benefits of each category differ for the individual member, whereas corporate membership has the same benefits for those joining as a corporate member.
Singapore Business council acts as a supports that assist their members in expanding their professional list of contacts for those members to increase their chances for different opportunities regarding making business occur.
Events and Exhibitions
SBC holds an event every month and at the same time invites known guest speakers to express and discuss their knowledge about the topic, their events are held together with their honorable corporate members and different known businesses. The different known businesses are the following:
- Singapore Management University
- Chinese Business Council
Their events and activities aim to provide their members with support in increasing their opportunities regarding making business happen for their company.
The SBC envisions that their members would be able to engage, enable, enrich and dynamically take advantage of their area, through knowledge and networking session. They also aim to allow mutual beneficial relationship improvement and manage the ideas shared between the following businesses and agency:
- Singaporean Business
- Government Agencies
- Business Councils
Their objective is to be able to manage their network within the following entities in terms of Business Councils and Government Agencies:
- ASEAN Businesses
They also aim to support different professionals to gain relationship between the other ASEAN boards. SBC also aims to improve the area of perception of Singapore business and professional within the UAE.
Lastly, they aim to manage the education on domestic businesses regarding practices to improve competency percentage of the members of the SBC.
Chairman and Founder:
Adgeco Group is a well established and distinguished Holding Company in the United Arab Emirates, which is founded in 1992 by its Chairman and Founder Mohamed Dekkak which caters to the Middle East and the North Africa (MENA) regions. It is an establishment with experienced professionals and high caliber management in their respective fields of expertise. Adgeco Group is a team of ultimate and irreplaceable experiences in industries like Oil and Gas, Security System Integration, Construction and Infrastructure, Real Estate Services, Energy and Power, Engineering, EPC, Consulting, Marine, , Pressure Vessels, Scaffolding, Chemical Decontamination, Desalination and Sewage and Horizontal Directional Drilling. Adgeco Group of companies has exuded professionalism with their huge lists of clients in major projects such as Civil Construction Works and Installation of Ship Lift System Service, Radar Tower at DWC International Airport, Box Culvers and Vehicular Underpass, Zone K of the Yas Island Development, Port of Fujairah Oil Terminal 2 and many others. These projects allowed us to deliver prime and ideal services to our clients and will continue in doing business to showcase our excellent project execution fully.
Mission and Vision
The Company’s mission and vision are to be the leading and outstanding holding company in the United Arab Emirates with a strong focus to build partnership and business for the future. To be the best contributor in nation building through its activities and to open doors and give unlimited opportunity to entrepreneurs to excel on their businesses and to be able to employ their strengths as well as pursuing long-lasting relationships.
The main role of our company is to provide adeptness and expertise in promoting projects and the experience in participating and obtaining tenders as well as accessing different government and privatized associations. The group’s business partnership works through agency or amalgamation arrangements furnished with the highest caliber of service resulting in an active, dynamic and competent success of any business venture. As the pacemaker in the business alliances, ADGECO Group aims to create the harmonious and correlatively beneficial partnership with multi-national corporations globally intending to make access to the industrialized and emerging markets of UAE. As its Chairman and founder, Mr. Mohamed Dekkak’s perspective to meet the important and firm competition in the local and global market.
Adgeco Group provides careers and employment to the qualified individual in their field of competence and expertise. Not only that the company offers employment, but the management will also ensure the growth and satisfaction of its employees and will help the individual to obtain more knowledge to enhance and understand their craft.
Throughout the years to this day, as a dynamic figure in the business is still driven to expand the company’s horizon not only for himself but the rest of the management and personnel and its continued success are owed to him and his endless dedication to his work.
Together, both the company and its management and employees are working hand in hand to assure the finest and first class service they can provide its clients and to those starting their businesses and willfully and consistently committed dedicating our experiences and professional efforts to serve the betterment of innumerable industries and businesses in the United Arab Emirates, MENA Region and Africa.
For more info? Visit www.adgeco.com
Arab Peace Corp is a Non-Profit Organization. Motivated by then US President John Kennedy’s Peace Corps, the Arab Peace Corps under the initiative of the New Arab Foundation’s vision and mission is first “to break the negative, strengthening the susceptible youth being used by ‘terrorists’ to battle against what they are told is the reason for their suffering. Eventually, they are most of the time executed in the battle, a circumstance that is publicized with a specific end goal to reinvigorate the negative winding and to recruit more.”
He clarifies that the Arab Peace Corps would then work “toward actualizing advancement programs for less fortunate communities in the Arab world as well as in Europe, the US, and Canada. Changing the force and innocence of youth into positive, self-strengthening commitments for the better good of themselves and their general public will expand their feeling of having a place with their community, society, and country.”
“The Arab Peace Corps would be a voluntary service for two years employing the dedication, abilities and dynamism of school graduates and retirees from inside the Arab world as well as from the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia among others to assemble and rebuild devastated or underestimated communities in medical care, education, agriculture, artisan and small commercial ventures, public improvement and participation, instructional exercise and tutoring programs among numerous.”
“This public service would not just have a positive, helpful outcome to those communities; it would likewise give significant abilities and life experiences to the Arab people who volunteer and serve as the Arab Peace Corps members.
Why the Arab Peace Corps is essential to the Arab World
- Because Arab nations are encountering turmoil and clashes they have never seen since the colonial period, and their country states are undermined from within and without.
- Because trillions of dollars have been stolen from society building and utilized rather for wars or lost to management and corruption.
- Because huge sections of the Arab populaces are disappointed, jobless, baffled with the absence of essential services, economic opportunities, and government accountability and transparency.
- Because this has prompted a negative, self-propagating cycle in which regularly growing quantities of young fellows and ladies are without quality education or employment, prompting misery, sadness, and weaknesses which succumb them to join extremist groups.
- Because with commitment, new thinking, and projects receptive to society’s needs, we can divert the energy of the youth into positive, self-fortifying commitments to benefit the greater good through every individual’s accomplishment of a feeling of having a place in the society and a stronger sense of self-esteem.
- Because we aspire the Arab World to end up a model of the world contributing positively by today’s younger people attempting to reestablish communities and social orders to peace, solidness, financial improvement, and good administration.
These are the reasons the Arab Peace Corps is extremely essential. We request your support in changing the Arab world.
The Arab Peace Corps will mobilize the young generation today, young college graduates as well as skilled professionals to volunteer for two years to utilize their expertise and personal principles to serve in defenseless communities in the Arab world and Diaspora.
College graduates, skilled technicians, and artists will be formed into groups taking into account skills complementation with the necessities of specific activities or communities. Taking after a month of preparing, they will be sent for 22 months to a community to help, particularly young fellows and ladies, to learn new abilities, fortify the social fabric, and create occupation opportunities that will advance self-esteem, sustain family and unite the community, and will diminish vulnerability to radical groups. Our long-term objective is to have groups functioning in nations over North Africa and in the Middle East.
Established and experienced professionals highly skilled in developing communities will manage the work of the volunteer groups, giving tutoring, coaching and skills improvement for each volunteer and the groups.
The Arab Peace Corps will give volunteers food and lodging and a little living stipend. Volunteers who finish the full two years will be granted scholarships for graduate study with partnered universities. The New Arab Foundation will likewise work with organizations and governments to give occupation priority for the individuals who effectively finish their duty.
Envision volunteer groups made up of young Arabs, Amazighs, Circassians, Kurds, Armenians, all professionals, meeting up from all parts of the Arab World, extending from Morocco to North Africa through the Arabian Peninsula, Middle East, North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America. These smart, devoted professionals -teachers, artists, engineers, health workers, craftsmen, entrepreneurs, environmentalists and others – embody the best in the Arab World, rich with its culture, tradition and values, religions and ethnicities.
Now envision many these groups, spread out over the Arab World and the Diaspora, doing community work to enhance essential health, basic education, infrastructure, job opportunities, and the environment. Inside these communities, volunteer groups concentrate on the dreams as well as disappointments of vulnerable youth, both men, and ladies, giving them the motivation to move in the direction of a positive future, dismissing them from fanaticism and viciousness, and preparing them for positive roles within their communities, to develop as opposed to demolishing. They encourage these groups as volunteers as well as cultural ambassadors.
Visualize the huge number of empowered youth professionals coming back to their communities following two years of genuine involvement in societies, with new abilities and understandings of the significant issues influencing the Arab World, prepared to tackle positive leadership in their groups, their social orders, and the worldwide community. Envision their communities respecting the service made by these volunteers upon their arrival, offering grants and employment priority.
At long last, envision the communities transformed that develop as an aftereffect of the work of these youth volunteers – communities with positive youth leaders, enhanced services, more employment, a better environment, and intensified security and peace.
This is the Arab Peace Corps’ vision, an initiative brought by the New Arab Foundation. We welcome you go along with us in transforming this vision into reality.
These are the reasons the Arab Peace Corps is indispensable imperative. We request your support in changing the Arab world.
Official Website: http://arabpeacecorps.org/
Chief Financial Officer:
- CARLAC: (Council for Arab Relations with Latin America and the Caribbean) The Arab league is seen as a dynamic, vibrant and fast-pacing zone due to its extensive investment base, indisputably crucial and opulent cultural heritage as well as its international energy assets. The more significant percentage of its population is untapped and energetic, thereby making a bold statement on the global economy and open areas.
- Similarly to the Arab world, Latin America also demonstrates same features with over 550 million of its population having Arab root while another other 17,000,000 people outside of the MENA zone have Arab lineage. Despite being part of the Middle East, they have mixed with the Latin America community and their culture with a significant success recorded in many areas of specializations most importantly in the R &D (i.e., research and development), commerce as well as politics. Combining all these advantages have been of the deciding factors in establishing a mutual collaboration between the Arab world and the Latin America; something that is feasible and regarded as necessary for the sound economic reinforcement, cultural and political bond.
- Over the last couple of years, Latin America has had a history of active socio-economic engagement and political disparity which can be subjected to discuss and support with the Arab league leading to significant major remodeling undertakes and economic record, the social, political development.
- Latin America, as well as the Arab world, is seen as beneficial investment destinations, not only that; they have also progress economically as well as the area of societal empowerments. Both continents have robust prospects of healthier bilateral dealings which cannot be overemphasized.
- Breaking forth of late is an unpretentious and strong tie between Latin America, the Arab league, and the Caribbean. The two decisive factors that have fueled this most crucial on-going situation in addition to profitable and socio-economic growth are the international fairness and collaboration.
- From a global point of view, the strong ties that exist between these regions are very paramount to the developmental sustainability, reduction of poverty, safeguarding the global, regional stability, addressing climate change, security strengthening, the creation of effective intercontinental financial policies and parameters. If these three regions can synergize together, carrying out their individual and collective projects and programs will very easy and the result will be of more significant benefits to all the parties as well as the global community.
The birth of the Council for Arab Relations with Latin America and the Caribbean (CARLAC)
- The Arab-Latin American Meeting is a conference that was graced by over one hundred top delegates and previous ministers from both the Arab league and Latin America to discuss ways of enhancing their economic ties. The summit was planned by the Global Foundation for Democracy and Development and the United Arab Emirates University, held in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. in the year 2012 fully sponsored by Sheikh Nahyan Mubarak Al Nahyan who was then the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research of U.A.E.
- The forum is an annual event in different countries in the region bringing experts to discover new investment prospects and build up to more contracts.
- The first forum was held in the Dominican Republic in July 2010. Costa Rica hosted the second forum in 2011 while the third edition took place in Columbia. Those delegates who attended the Abu Dhabi meeting recommended that the Council for Arab Relations with Latin America and the Caribbean (CARLAC) be formed to map-out, lead and assist in the consolidation of the Arab-Latin American ties. Another function of the council is to accentuate the influence of the obligation for financial and socio-cultural growth which can be accomplished by recognizing its mutual benefits for the populace of the two regions. Meanwhile, the parties involved have to be conscious of the fact that joint collective ideology and philosophies restrict them.
- The motivation to implement an all-inclusive society in the course of mutual assistance is what the CARLAC aim to actualize. CARLAC is set up to enhance sustainable progress in the Arab nations as well as their South American counterparts by developing a genuine shared understanding for the advancement and advantage of both areas.
- We must not deviate from the fact that, CARLAC is a non-profit and impartial association that is designed to harness, diverse, effective ways of developing the right set of networks that will look into a broad chain of negotiations and collective support on some concerns that are of investment-related mutual wellbeing as well as trade and exchange, higher education, investment related and cultural consultations.
- The first convention of the Council marking the actual organization of CARLAC was held in February 2014 at the Dominican Republic, an event that was chaired by the former President of Dominican Republic in the person of His Excellency and Highness Sheikh Nahyan Mubarak Al‐
- The council concluded at the peak of the event to construct two bases for each of the regions; one for LAC and the other for MENA to carry out the mission of the council as well as achieving all that the stood for effectively. The two subdivisions are to be organized for the program and strategy map out as well as evaluation and investigation development. Both LAC and MENA are projected to improve the economic state, civil society and the regional governments are expected to grow the financial state, civil society, and the provincial governments.
- The idea of having an Investment bank that will be focused on the regions and new formations were also tabled for discussions during the event. The proposed financial institution would aid and initialize investments and trade relationships between the entire areas.
- There are several areas of both regions that have attained economic advancement irrespective of their global financial situation and what they can benefit from more prominent commercial, trade, and business partnership to team up to keep each other from local and intercontinental economic problems. CARLAC look into the expansion of different segments to boost profitability and investment opportunities between the two regions.
- Some of the areas that CARLAC targets include education and culture, food security and agriculture, Renewable energy, mining, trade and commerce, infrastructure development, investment, information technology to mention just a few; are the sectors that the council is looking at to provide the Arab countries and Latin America with profitable opportunities.
Much better programs in the area of scientific research and development, support and tactics would contribute to the assembly of collaborations in numerous disciplines like biotechnologies, management and alternative energy sources and natural resources governance. The advancement of Arab-Latin American exchange and communication in the subjects like education, culture and the arts would stimulate a better mutual insight of each region’s people, language, and historical eras. Comprehensively, extensive student exchange programs can lay the foundation and create synergies for the continuing development of many unfathomable heights of understanding and collaboration.
CARLAC’s Participations on Remarkable Events, Conferences and Festivals, like:
CARLAC and OCP Policy Center Discuss Renewable Energy – COP22
The Council for Relations between the Arab World, Latin America and the Caribbean (CARLAC), in collaboration with the OCP Policy Center, the Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) and the University of Maryland (USA),organized COP22 event on “Renewable Energy: Reducing Carbon Emissions, Experiences of MENA Countries (North Africa and the Middle East) of Latin America and Caribbean”. Ambassador Hasan Abdel Rahman, Executive Director of CARLAC, said that the participation of high-level representatives of Latin American and Caribbean governments, as well as the participation of invited civil society leaders in this event, were expected.
Mohamed Dekkak, Chief Financial Officer and Founding Member of CARLAC, the Council for Arab Relations, Latin America and the Caribbean, stated the conference raised the common points of all that has been done between the Arab world and Latin America at the level of renewable energies, this conference also spoke about the obstacles at the level of the legislation and at the level of the financing of the projects of the energies in both regions of the world.
CARLAC: Route Between Arab and Latinos held in the Dominican Republic(2010) & Costa Rica in 2011
The idea was great from its conception. It emerged as a result of An almost Informal conversation. Establish a permanent channel of multisectoral cooperation between two worlds, the Latin American and the Arab. The Director of Programs with the Middle East of the Global Democracy & Development Foundation (Funglode), Mustafa Abu Naba’a, offered an interview with LISTÍN DIARIO to explain how the idea came about and what is really being sought with the materialization of the Center for Arab Relations with Latin America and the Caribbean (Carlac)
The Cartagena Conference
The outcome of both conferences consisted of important statements reaffirming the commitment of Latin American leaders and civil society organizations to engage in the peace process in the Middle East. The Cartagena Conference was sponsored by Funglode, the Pontifical Universidad Javeriana, and the Universidad del Rosario. The Conference examined the bases for the achievement of greater cooperation and partnership in the academic, cultural and educational fields; economic, commercial and business development; and institutional development, governance/governance and promotion of peace.
To this end, the Conference brought together, in an intense dialogue, prominent figures and experts from both regions in the aforementioned areas. Arab and Latin American societies – with their different but relevant experiences – have much to learn from each other, particularly during this period of change in the Arab world and continuous progress in Latin America. The conference sought and managed to focus on building an Arab-Latin American alliance for economic, cultural and institutional development, and to expand dialogue through the establishment of scenarios that promote deliberate efforts called to positively impact global development.
- The International Festival of Ibn Battuta
Council of Arab Relations with Latin America and the Caribbean / CARLAC took this step to participate in The International Festival of Ibn Battuta though Conference, deliberating: “The Journey between the Arab World and Latin America and Caribbean” animated and by the intervention on “Immigration and Integration of Arabs in Mexico, organized by The Mexican Embassy in Morocco at University of New England. The conference was moderated by Hassan Abdel Rehman. Panelist, Eduardo Stein Barillas, Pedro Antonio Escalante Arce, Sergio Moya Mena, Yahya Yakhlif and Nabil Amr represented CARLAC and Enrique Pareses Frias represented the Embassy of Mexico in Morocco.
Behind the success of the Festival is though the leadership of Mohamed Dekkak, H. President of Ibn Battuta, who is also the Chief Financial Officer and Founding Member of CARLAC.
Official Website CARLAC: CARLAC.NET
Ibn Battuta Association (Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta) has been put up to mainly celebrate and continue the legacy of the great Ibn Battuta by means of cultural events.
Moroccan Muslim scholar and traveler, Abu Abdullah Muhammad Ibn Battuta, has been known for exploring places called Rihla. His voyage went on for 30 years, going through Islamic countries traversing to Northern & Western Africa, South, and East of Europe traveling to the Middle East, the subcontinent of India to Central and Southeast Asia and China. With vast distance and wealth of experiences, he went back to his country Morocco where he shared his story to Ibn Juzay.
The Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta commemorates the birth of the legendary Moroccan explorer every 24th of February by setting up a cultural festival which aims to promote travel, literature, history and building intercultural relationships.
Who is Ibn Battuta and Ibn Battuta Association
Born in Tangier, Morocco on February 24, 1304, Abu Abdullah Muhammad Ibn Battuta has been known as Shams ad-Din. After pursuing education on Islam law, he decided to travel and left his home when he was 21 y/o. Most of his journey were land trips and went with a caravan to avoid any attack. He endured wars and shipwrecks, returning only after 24 years.
His exploration started in the Middle East sailing the Red Sea to Mecca and then traveled across the vast Arab Desert to reach Iraq and Iran. In 1330, he traveled again to the Red Sea then Aden until Tanzania. Two years after, he decided to explore India and was warmly greeted by the Sultan of Delhi and became a judge. He lived in India for eight years before heading to China. In 1352, he traversed the desert Sahara and went to Mali.
Lastly, in 1355, he went home to Tangier after the completion of Rihla. He died in 1368, and his story provided a good picture of the world during the 14th century.Mohamed Dekkak, a Moroccan businessman and Adgeco Group’s Chairman and Founder is Moroccan Association Ibn Battuta’s Honorary President. The objective of Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta also known as AMARIB is to fulfill activities devoted to the celebrated personality, giving tribute that he deserves. The organization also seeks to carry out big cultural activities to make Tangier a cultural tourism destination, therefore the promotion of Ibn Battuta’s story and character. This initiative brings together artists, travelers from countries visited by Ibn Battuta as they honor his journey. The aim eventually supports Morocco’s socio-economic and cultural tourism development.
Mohamed Dekkak, a Moroccan businessman, Founder and Chairman of Adgeco Group is also Honorary President of Ibn Battuta Association (Moroccan Association Ibn Battuta). The objective of Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta also known as AMARIB is to fulfill activities devoted to the celebrated personality, giving tribute that he deserves. The organization also seeks to carry out big cultural activities to make Tangier a cultural tourism destination, therefore the promotion of Ibn Battuta’s story and character. This initiative brings together artists, travelers from countries visited by Ibn Battuta as they honor his journey. The aim eventually supports Morocco’s socio-economic and cultural tourism development.
Ibn Battuta Festival
This 2017, in celebration of Morocco’s cultural heritage, the Ibn Battuta Association (Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta) organizes the International Ibn Battuta Festival taking place in many areas of Tangier on November 9-12, promoting culture and travel. This event, entitled “Travelers, the Ambassadors of Peace” paved way seeks to inspire future travelers to go see the world themselves.
Aside from Ibn Battuta, the event will also introduce some of the world famous travelers in history, such as:
- Marco Polo – The famous Venetian traveler who traveled for 24 years and introduced Europe to Southern Asia;
- John Cabot – famous for becoming the first explorer from Europe who made contact with Northern American inhabitants;
- Christopher Columbus – well known as the Italian explorer who discovered America;
- Xuanzang – Chinese monk who connected the great Indian and Chinese cultures
- Ferdinand Magellan – Portugal explorer who led the East Indies expeditions inspired the world’s first total circumnavigation of the globe.
- Bartolomeu Dias – the first to reach the Southernmost tip, and discovered the Cape of Good Hope;
- Jacques Cartier – first European who discovered Canada;
- Herodotus – recognized as the “Father of History” is a Greek historian who traveled to Asia, Greece, Egypt and Rome.
- Vasco De Gama – first to arrive at the India paved the way for the ‘Spice Route’ when he reached Calicut and made contact with the golden Indian shore lands.
The festival will showcase more literary tributes, art exhibits, conferences and social cultural activities with a musical parade to bring great entertainment to locals and visitors of Tangier.
Get to know more about Ibn Battuta at https://ibnbattuta.ma/
New Arab Foundation is a nonprofit organization. A fresh idea, not necessarily unique, deserves some merit and consideration. It is at some crucial times of conflicts, war and terrorism, and despair that new concepts of peace and development become utterly necessary. That is the thing that has driven the members to focus the energy of Arabs into new beneficial endeavors. They are worried at the present course of a few countries in the Arab world which he feels is “in intense, big dilemma,” particularly in hotspots like Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan and Libya.
He proceeds with: “The Arabs are encountering turmoil and clashes never saw since colonial times, with country states defenseless from within and without. The emergence of military tyranny in the 50s, the Arab-Israeli clash, the Soviet intrusion of Afghanistan (the origin of the “jihadist” development), and the Iran-Iraq War, First and Second Gulf Wars, all these joint events shaped a watershed in the Arab world.
Trillions in fortunes and living were dissuaded from societal development to local and “sectarian” wars, damaging countries and terrorizing the presence of others.” In the Arab world, the young generation who are unemployed, embarrassed at home, less fortunate with no plan to get away from a hopeless life. The fresh approach paved a way for the creation of the New Arab Foundation, an association and research organization with a mission to present a roadmap of achievable objectives toward a New Renaissance for the Arab world.
The New Arab Foundation is a not for profit, non-partisan public policy institute and thinks tank gives administration consulting and puts resources into new and creative thinkers inside the Arab World and in the Diaspora, with the end goal of discovering imaginative answers to meet the difficulties confronting the Arab World.
The New Arab Foundation underlines work that is receptive to the changing and risky conditions and issues confronting the Arab World in the age data economy of the 21st Century. This is a period formed by changing innovation and necessities the Arab World is confronting: education, literacy, medicinal services, public transportation, occupation, country and urban improvement, agriculture, housing, water supply, renewable energy, public safety and security, innovation and technology systems, government transparency and accountability, solid financial institutions, natural protection, renewable resources, national defense, dispersion of wealth and financial opportunities, compromises and conflict resolutions.
The New Arab Foundation likewise exists to address the psychological and social needs following many years of dictatorships, wars and tyrannies by acknowledging the rich qualities of the Arab World as far as ethnicity (Arabs, Amazighs, Kurds, Armenians among others), language, culture, religion (Islam, Christianity and Judaism), and additionally upholding expressions, music, and cultural events to help on facilitating and rebuilding the countries following years of corruption, disregard and dictatorial government.
The foundation has what it takes to make the future surpass the past with capable experts and skills from around the globe. The Foundation’s primary mission is energized by the indication that every era of citizens should have a life much better than the last. The educational, political, health care systems in the Arab World are battling with the high absence of education rate, high unemployment, no equal opportunity, the smothering bureaucracy that prompts exploitation, ineffectiveness, and hatred, poverty, marginalization, even disregard to rural areas.
The New Arab Foundation is committed to inventive thinking, means and measures to address the adversities that make the Arab World falls behind from being developed. The Arab World needs and requires smart ways to address the financial difficulties confronting nations troubled with local and foreign debts, emerging from inefficiencies, mismanagement, wars, and conflicts, and discover approaches to pay for required public, environmental and social investments. The Arab World is yet to create thorough policies and procedures to face international threats and difficulties.
With substantial sponsorship from benefactors and individuals, the New Arab Foundation tries to put resources into extraordinary people whose capacity to correspond to wide and influential crowds can change the Arab World strategy in vital territories, bringing promising new thoughts, verbal confrontations and answers to the forefront, without ideologically or partisan driven resolutions yet accentuation on financially savvy arrangements, of all shapes and sizes pictures, and fair investigation.
The New Arab Foundation will fill the requirement for consultancy management and think tank skill from around the globe. With so much ability accessible and willing to contribute, we can assemble a global association offering innovative services and aptitude to compete with consultancy management services given by the World Bank, Center for Strategic and International Studies,International Monetary Fund, McKinsey and Company,Booz Allen Hamilton, Accenture, Brookings, Washington Institute, and Crisis Management Group among others.
Having obtained its tax exempt status, the New Arab Foundation is looking for substantial financing from people, organizations and companies for its mission to enlist the best and the brightest of Arab talents from around the globe. It is our plan to set up the office in Washington, DC with arranged regional offices in North Africa and the Arab Gulf.
The New Arab Foundation challenges the minds and talents of our today’s youth, to contribute to life, to building and contribute to the future to do better than the past.
At the New Arab Foundation, we try to set the standards for openness, corporate responsibility, corporate governance, and certainly the conflict of interests. We go past that to guarantee there is no lifetime term for foundation officials by building measures in the bylaws for the limit of terms to stay away from the basic issues numerous Arab or Arab-American associations face, where the founders of publicly funded associations have lifetime tenure. We trust that you as individuals help us keep this dedication by choosing and selecting board individuals who are likewise as dedicated and resolved to sound straightforward corporate administration.
The New Arab Renaissance starts here. http://www.newarabfoundation.org/