British Business Group is an Association of emigrant British business people together with the national business groups from the United Arab Emirates. It was molded over thirty years ago to encourage the progress of trade in goods and services between the United Kingdom and all over the UAE.
This association proves a successful and flexible organizational form for conducting global business over a long period. It intends to maintain its virtuous legacy in UAE to maintain the standards established and expected of British Companies.
Behind the success of this association is Chairman Nick Cochrane Dyet MBE together with Ambassador Philip Parham CMG and Secretary of State Dr. Liam Fox who has one goal which is to enhance collaboration between business and government for the bigger prosperity of UK and UAE.
Mission and Vision
The British Business Group aims to encourage and develop business relations in and between the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, and its citizens. Through the regular forum, lectures and social functions. Each business community has a chance to exchange ideas and information for the betterment of their corporate. It focuses on providing effective networking opportunities and encouraging the progress of each business links without participating in any events of a political nature or significantly disregard the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
In spite of today’s regional economic challenges, the British people were not dispirited, and their numbers have upgraded steadily. About 5,000 members under British companies are active in the UAE. It only shows the confidence in the country for the growth and stronger trading performance.
According to the ambassador of British Business, the United Arab Emirates brings a big-selling opportunity to the UK. In fact, UAE was declared as the fourth biggest export market outside Europe. As a result, they have decided to set a challenging goal for increasing bilateral trade to 25 billion pounds by the year 2020.
Corporate Partners and Sponsors
The British Business Group has recently greatly increased its quantity of members and links. Many of these are drawn from fresher members of the business community and from companies who are amongst the chief contributors to the new trend of development in Abu Dhabi.
- BAE Systems
- Bird & Bird
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Dron and Dickson
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi
- The Institution of Civil Engineers
- King & Spalding
- Knight Frank
- Leonardo Company
- Readymix Abu Dhabi Ltd
- Rolls- Royce International
Join and become part of BBG
The British Business Group welcomes anyone who meets the criteria and has the same goal which is to contribute to firming the UK-UAE relationship in the business world. Either as an individual or associate is encouraged to be part of the group.
Criteria for Individual Membership :
- Any British Citizen holding a professional or executive appointment, working and living in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi; or
- Any National of the UAE representing British assets or amenities in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (whether as a sole owner/ partner/ in his name)
- Any person who has a managerial appointment or senior expert not otherwise entitled for membership who lives in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and works for a British Company and in Abu Dhabi registered department representing British properties or facilities.
Criteria for Associate Membership:
- Associate membership status of the Abu Dhabi British Business Group is open to any individual who is not entitled to membership according to the Constitution, but who is interested in the elevation and development of business relations between UK and UAE.
The application in joining the association should be made in written and with supporting documents to be shown and be checked by the Committee.
Advantages of becoming part of British Business Group
Becoming a member of British Business Group has a great offer with the enormous benefits such as:
- Gain access to member directory of over 1200 affiliates across all business sectors.
- A chance to promote your product or services through various BBG channels.
- Receive high-value business support services from the association and its partners.
- Obtain the privilege of having a lot of discounts from the following prestigious companies:
- 15 % discount on Virgin Atlantic’s Flights
- 20% discount on Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi’s food and beverages
- 15% discount on Tamba Restaurant’s food and beverages
- 20% discount on Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas’ dining venues and spa
- 20% discount on Southern Sun and Hotel’s food & beverages
- 20% discount on Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche’s services
- 10% discount on Spinneys Liquor’s items
- 15% discount on RSA Insurance group’s motor insurance
- 15- 20% discount on Park Rotana & Park Arjaan’s treatments
- 10% discount on Posters’ all purchases
- 20% discount on Pizza Express’ total bill
- 10% discount on Peninsula Food & Drink’s products
- 10% discount on Oberoi Hotels & Resorts’ packages
- 20% discount on Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan’s food & beverages
- 10% discount on Music Monkeys Abu Dhabi’s term fees
- 20% discount on Marriott Hotel Downtown’s total bill
- 20-25% discount on Intercontinental Hotel- Bayshore’s services
- 15- 20% discount on Emirates Palace Spa’s services
- 10% discount on Exiles Maid Service’s contract rates
- 20% discount on Crown Plaza Abu Dhabi and Yas Island’s food & beverages
- 20% discount on Crown Relocations’ mobility services
- 20- 50% discount on Careem’s trips
- 10% discount on British Airways’ trips
- 20% discount on Bounceback Physiotherapy’s service
- 20% discount on Bella Medical’s dental and derma treatment with free check up
- 20% discount on Avasa’s food & beverages
- 30% discount on Ardel Human Resource Consulting LLC’s service
- 20% discount on Al Gusto Italiano’s food & beverages
- 10-30% discount on Boston Dental Center’s services
- 20% discount on Awazen Medical Center’s services
- 20% discount on Intercontinental Abu Dhabi’s food & beverages
The association assures that the membership benefits will increase as the time and day goes by due to the continuous expansion of the group.