Dubai is a spectacular city with a stunning metropolitan skyline and a mass of another scenic spot such as the magnificent glory of Palm Jumeirah, the luxurious 7-star hotel, the Burj Al-Arab as well as the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa.
While driving past the city streets are the usual way to explore Dubai, there is nothing like getting a view of the magnanimous layout of this city from up in the sky. A scenic aerial flight over Dubai is a unique travel experience as it gives you a rare perspective of this luxurious city from above. Experience gliding effortlessly through the clear blue skies and feel the magic of flying through the Dubai sky with the outstanding panorama of the city made available for your viewing pleasure.
A Unique Aerial Tour
Imagine a breathtaking helicopter trip that overlooks the splendid Dubai skyline as you fly past a few of the city’s most iconic attractions, and create memories worth sharing. Sounds interesting?
Yes, when in Dubai, it’s hard to pass the opportunity of a unique travel experience such as this – soaring over Dubai’s ever-changing skyline and beautiful panoramic views provided by several aerial tour companies in Dubai.
Helicopter tours are clearly one of Dubai’s fascinating tourist experience. From the famed Burj Khalifa, standing proud in all its magnificent glory, to the spectacular Palm Jumeirah, a helicopter tour of Dubai shows you a beautiful bird’s eye view of the metropolis like nothing else does. Tag along your loved ones and friends for this ride of a lifetime
Things to Consider When Booking for Helicopter Tour
As exciting and cool a helicopter tour in Dubai is, it also comes at a substantial cost and you may want to do some researches ahead of booking and swiping that precious card. Let us take a look at these several factors you may want to think about before making any reservation for your helicopter tour in Dubai.
A crucial factor to consider is the weather condition in Dubai. Adverse weather conditions, such as thunderstorms and dust storms can cause the rescheduling or cancellation of your tour so keep that in mind when availing the last minute tickets.
- Time of Day
A vita element that influences the quality of your helicopter tour in Dubai is the time of day you have booked your tickets for. The city’s landscape is usually blanketed with a thin haze that can influence visibility. We propose going for your helicopter tour on midday since that is when the dust or haze has been told to be at its lowest density. The slots for early morning tour can offer as well a fairly good vantage point of the city skyline but avoid night time slots because you will only experience visibility limit during this time of day.
- Duration of the Tour
Helicopter tours provide options varying on tour duration. It ranges from anywhere from twelve minutes to forty minutes. So when you are booking for your helicopter tour, think about how long you want to be up above. It is recommended, even if it costs more, to book for a longer tour. Practically speaking, helicopter tours of a specific city are most of the time, a one-time experience. Therefore, an aerial tour that lasts longer, will provide you the chance to go through the excitement of flying for a longer time.
- Find The Right Tour Operator
Finally, but the most essential, is the operator you are going to choose for your helicopter tour in Dubai. You must be able to entrust the operator with your life and your aerial ride must be organized by the most trusted and well-recognized operators in Dubai as they ensure that you are in safe hands all the times.
To cater to the rising demand for helicopter services in the emirate, several tour companies offer wonderful scenic tours of different areas of Dubai. These companies are licensed and have a fleet of luxury helicopters operated by highly trained pilots.
Tours offered by companies differ in price and in the package. Tours flying above some of the most famous landmarks in Dubai are the most preferred, that is why the majority of tour companies include this in their packages.
Because of the logistics that come in arranging for a helicopter tour, tour operators are very strict on the arrival times and cancellation policies, to ensure that you have read all of their terms and conditions and arrive on time.
HeliDubai, one of premiere helicopter tour companies in Dubai, offers a number of scenic tours, including other services such as private charters, aerial filming, VIP transfers, and photography.
Part of the distinct scenic helicopter rides offered by HeliDubai is the Heritage Tour. Taking off from Dubai Festival City, the tour follows the winding Dubai Creek, giving us a glimpse into the city’s past that has shaped ultramodern 21st Century Dubai.
Souks and traditional buildings give way to glamorous skyscrapers, pristine beaches, and picture-postcard golf courses. Even though the ride is just around twelve minutes long, it features the unique facets of the city that seeks to preserve its rich heritage in between the onset of technologies and new influences and is the ideal tour for visitors coming to Dubai for the first time.
Mohamed Dekkak takes on a Heli Tour
Adgeco Group Chairman and Founder, Mohamed Dekkak, together with good friend Abderrahim Khaoutem decided to take some time out of the office and embark on a thrilling Dubai adventure.
Both friends explored the city aboard Eurocopter AS350 B3 courtesy of HeliDubai. They chose the Vision tour which allows them to explore Dubai and experience an exciting helicopter tour taking off from the Dubai Marina Helipad and were treated to the stunning aerial ride experience.
Below are some of Dubai’s famous spots featured in the tour:
- The World Islands – a collection of man-made islands shaped into the continents of the world, located off the coast of Dubai
- Burj Al Arab – one of the most world’s luxurious hotels constructed on a manmade island which features ultra-luxurious suites, an underwater aquarium restaurant, gold leaf interiors and more.
- Atlantis Hotel – a majestic ocean-themed luxury resort and 5-star hotel in Dubai
- The Palm Jumeirah – One of the world’s most extraordinary feat of engineering, architecture, and construction, the tree-shaped Palm Jumeirah island is famous for splendid hotels, lavish apartment towers, and upmarket international restaurants
- The Dubai canal – city’s newest attraction holds a mechanical waterfall, where the Canal meets the Sheikh Zayed Road bridge
- The Wind Towers in Bur Dubai – one of the iconic architectural symbols of Dubai, and usually described as the oldest form of air-conditioning in the world. Back in the days before electricity, the unique wind towers provided an ingeniously simple way of neutralizing the sizzling temperatures of the Gulf.
- Dubai Creek Golf Course – an 18-hole par 71 championship golf course with a distinctively sail-shaped clubhouse.
- Burj Khalifa – world’s tallest building
- Dubai Creek – a saltwater creek with historical importance
- The traditional areas of old Dubai
- The Jumeirah Coastline
Eurocopter AS350 B3
On your helicopter tour of Dubai, you will be flying in the Eurocopter AS350 B3. These machines are state of the art helicopters equipped with safety features and the latest functionalities as well as a course-deviation indicator by Garmin, Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS), Global Positioning System receiver, and the First Limit Indicator (FLI) which help increase the aircraft’s safety.
This is Helidubai’s primary aerial filming aircraft. The high-performance AS350 B3 which is armed for such multiple role operations such as charter flights and sightseeing tours, aerial photography and filming, surpasses all other single engine helicopters for versatility, operation, and safety. It does extremely well in hot conditions making it the perfect aircraft for the Middle East.
Because of its exceptionally low level of vibration, this type of helicopter are an outstanding choice for movie production use, aerial photography and scenic tours. The AS350 B3 also offers large sliding doors that may e fitted to either side of the cabin, multiple cabin configurations, from 4 to 6 passengers in a typical seating configuration as well as interior finish options making it a great vehicle that can adapt to any kind of mission. If comfort, modifications and visual appeal are considered, this helicopter can be tailored with premier quality amenities.
But above all, the AS350 B3 is a powerful, top-performing engine that’s designed to perform the most challenging operations in the most extreme environment and weather conditions. This kind of aircraft is utilized in critical performance missions in hot and high conditions. Public service operators, including those in law enforcement, usually have forward-looking infrared (FLIR) cameras, as well as other mission systems, mounted on their aircraft. Its outstanding lifting capacity, high power, and fast cruise speed make the AS350 B3 a top-notch helicopter.
Those availing service from HeliDubai, your helicopter tour will begin in HeliDubai Jumeirah Heliport. You are going to take off from Dubai Police Academy which is located in the city center so it is easy to access if you’re coming from different parts of Dubai and it’s near all the key attractions in Dubai.
Air Travel Tips for your Helicopter Tour
All esteemed tour companies are implementing strict guideline so your flights can be more fun. Here are some travel tips to keep in mind when looking for a helicopter tour in Dubai.
- Bring your passport with you as all helicopter tours in Dubai requires it at the security check post. Make sure you carry it with you at all times.
- Not all tour companies provide pickup service. Best to check with the company.
- Helicopter tours have a weight limit capacity and typically accommodates 5-6 people per tour.
- If you are traveling in a group of five, it is recommended to book a private helicopter tour as it is cheaper than a shared tour. It’s more fun to have the helicopter all to your selves.
- Do not be late. Make sure to arrive promptly, around an hour prior to your scheduled departure to complete other formalities.
- Clearly, kids from ages four to sixteen should be accompanied by a grown-up.
- There are restrictions on photography due to security reasons. High-res cameras along with telephoto lenses that are more than 400mm are not allowed in the majority of helicopter tours. Better to clarify this with your chosen tour operator.
- Wear comfortable, light clothes. Keep in mind that earrings are not allowed.
- All routes are dependent on the approval of air traffic control. Remember that if weather is not conducive for flying, your trip will be canceled and re-scheduled to another slot. Do your booking in accordance with the city’s weather to prevent any disappointment.
During his helicopter tour in Dubai, Mohamed Dekkak, the Chairman and Founder of Adgeco expressed his support for this kind of Dubai tour. He said, “I decided to gift my friend this helicopter tour ride because it leaves behind a unique and memorable experience. Something intangible he can bring with him once he gets back to Morocco.”