LEAD FROM WITHIN: “To function as a leader, live a balanced life, and apply upright values to make a noteworthy difference.”
- To give because giving is learning to do better.
- To seek to learn because learning is the foundation for growth, and growing is fundamental to living.
- To understand, for understanding is the key to finding value, and value is the basis for respect, decisions, and action
- To help influence the future development of people and organizations
- To teach others to love and laugh, to learn and grow beyond their current bounds
- And to build personal, business, and civic relationships by giving, in frequent little ways
- To actively promote Tolerance and Peaceful Coexistence.
I believe that challenging ideas, systems and norms grows and affirms society. I create the challenge by questioning culture, habits, and expectations. Through exploration, I strive to provide perspective, inspiration and mutual growth.
I will live each day as though I had all the power and influence necessary to make it a perfect world. Through listening to and serving others, I will learn new ideas and gain different perspectives. I will strive to gain mastery over life’s challenges by increasing my circle of influence and de-emphasizing those areas of concern over which I have no control.
I will behave in a manner so as to become a light, not a roadblock, for others who choose to follow or lead me. I will trust my dreams and be the prisoner of nothing. I will use my private victories unselfishly by trying to create value for others. The pursuit of excellence will determine the options I decide to exercise and the paths I choose to travel. I will expect no more of others than I expect of myself.
I will seek new sources for learning and growth – nature, family, literature, new acquaintances. I will show love rather than expect love. I choose to focus on being effective versus efficient. I choose to make a difference in this world.